Issues found via OATMEAL tests are given a Priority Level from P1 (most severe) to P4 (least severe).
- P1 and P2 issues must be fixed before the next release.
- Issues found in automated tests and some failures to implement the eBay MIND Patterns don't always follow these prioritizations.
A barrier that makes completion of a task impossible for some users.
- Interactive element not in tab order
- Pinch-to-zoom disabled
- Accessible name not provided (e.g. unlabelled form inputs, images missing alt text)
A barrier that makes completion of a task difficult for some users.
- Color contrast below the contrast minimum
- Workaround: User can provide a custom stylesheet
- Focus indicator missing on element, but present on adjacent elements
- Workaround: User can determine focus by navigating through surrounding elements
- Keyboard focus does not go where the user expects
- User has to discover how to get focus where they expect it to be
A barrier that makes completion of a task tedious or annoying for some users.
- Widget interaction different from the established pattern
- Annoying: User has to learn multiple of the same type of widget and then figure out which they're using each time
- Page missing "Skip to Main"
- Tedious and Annoying: User has to navigate through all repeated header elements on every page
- Redundant labeling on a button, link, or input
- Tedious: User has to listen through extraneous information
A non-barrier that technically fails accessibility guidelines.
- Non-unique IDs on unreferenced elements
- Duplicated attributes with the same value